Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with products and services;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable Intergenerational Wealth Group, Intergenerational Wealth Group Corporate Authorised Representative(s) to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser;
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research);
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Intergenerational Wealth Group and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving Intergenerational Wealth Group;
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
- where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
- where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Intergenerational Wealth Group may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
- an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
- Intergenerational Wealth Group and any related entity of Intergenerational Wealth Group which may use the information to: carry out Intergenerational Wealth Group’s functions and activities; promote its own products and services when recommended by your adviser; assess your application for one of its products or services; manage your product or service; perform administrative and operational tasks ; or comply with regulatory requirements and prudential standards;
- an organisation that has an arrangement with Intergenerational Wealth Group to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with Intergenerational Wealth Group to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or Intergenerational Wealth Group to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
- any agent, contractor or service provider of Intergenerational Wealth Group or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
- an organisation that assists Intergenerational Wealth Group to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties Intergenerational Wealth Group is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
- any person who introduces you to Intergenerational Wealth Group;
- your referee(s);
- your employer;
- your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact Intergenerational Wealth Group on (03) 9746-7643.
Intergenerational Wealth Group may disclose information to recipients (including service providers and our related entities) which are (1) located outside Australia and/or (2) either not established in or do not carry on business in Australia.